BP’S SUPPORT FOR THE NATIONAL GUARD, RESERVE AND OTHER VETERANS
BP is proud to support U.S. military veterans as they transition back into civilian society. The company also believes that hiring veterans is good business, because BP’s values of safety, respect, excellence, courage and teamwork align with the armed forces’ core principles.
As an employer, BP offers excellent benefits and policies that promote service in the Guard and Reserve, and the Department of Defense has honored the company for these efforts. In the U.S., employees receive differential pay and continued health coverage during periods of qualifying military leave. Like all BP employees, they also have access to short-term counseling and can get referrals to address personal and professional challenges.
The company provides additional assistance to military families through its participation in the Hiring Our Heroes initiative, which helps veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses find meaningful employment. BP’s partners in this nationwide program include other businesses, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the U.S. Departments of Labor, Defense and Veteran Affairs.
BP also has joined with private companies, government agencies and nonprofit organizations to launch the Coalition for Veteran Owned Business. This initiative helps such businesses (including those operated by military spouses) find important information about education, resources, supplier opportunities and more.
RECOGNITION OF BP'S COMMITMENT
BP is honored to have been recognized for our efforts in supporting veterans both inside and outside of the company:
- In 2016, BP was honored to be recognized as a Military Friendly Employer in GI Jobs Magazine.
- U.S. Veterans Magazine named BP a 2015 “Best of the Best” Top Veteran-Friendly Companies for the second time.
- BP has also been named a 2015 ESGR Secretary of Defense Freedom Award Finalist.
- BP America was named as one of three 2015 ESGR Pro Patria Award winners in the state of Texas.
- BP recently renewed its statement of support with the Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). ESGR, an office of the U.S. Department of Defense, promotes cooperation and understanding between reserve service members and their civilian employers.
- In 2014, the Texas Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve gave their “Above and Beyond Award” to BP America for the company’s exceptional support of employees still serving in the National Guard and Reserve.
- In 2013, the USOC recognized BP’s commitment to U.S. Paralympics with its Paralympic Amazing Impact Award, an honor given annually to organizations that raise awareness and support for the U.S. Paralympic movement.