We invest in people.
Meeting the world's increasing demand for energy creates tremendous challenges — as well as a highly stimulating work environment. You'll have opportunities to explore new directions within the company, travel, live and work around the world and apply your skills across the full spectrum of the energy business - from upstream and downstream oil production, to renewable energy and emerging solutions to sales and marketing. And you'll be supported by some of the most talented people anywhere.
Chevron puts people at the center of everything we do — from protecting the safety and health of people and the environment to helping you succeed. No matter where you are on your career path, Chevron offers continued education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your career within a truly global and collaborative workplace.
Chevron training and development programs begin on your first day and continue throughout your career.
- New to Chevron Process — a year-long process designed to help you develop the confidence and mindset to pursue continuous improvement in your performance and development. Provides on-the-job training, a support network and an introduction to our company, our business and our values.
- Performance Management Process (PMP) — set goals for your professional development that align with achieving your work unit's business objectives.
- On-the-job education — helps you build the knowledge, skills and attributes you'll need to remain competitive.
- Horizons New Employee Development Program. A five-year training program designed to help recent graduates develop and hone the skills learned in university through challenging assignments in various locations, mentoring and formal classroom instruction to build technical and interpersonal skills.
- Pathways. After Horizons, technical employees participate in Pathways, which helps employees establish development plans, provides technical and non-technical training, and provide opportunities for career growth.